Sunday, June 8, 2008

Let Me See Ya Grill

The summer moment I have been waiting for . . . the arrival of our grill! I was very excited! I've been wanting Jeremy to pick one out for such a long time- I think I finally wore him down! I didn't really know what I was getting myself into . . .
Of course, on the box, it says- some assembly required. I'm not sure what that means exactly, but 2 hours later, several cuss words, tons of sweat, a few leftover bolts, and a marriage on the rocks- we had a grill. The instructions said it's helpful for 2 people to put together the grill and work as a team. I'm not sure if I would call it "teamwork," but there were 2 people working on the grill. We chose a very hot afternoon, in the direct sun to assemble our grill, which was no doubt, poor planning on our part. I have a whole new appreciation for grills now!
After we finished putting it together, I didn't know if I even wanted to grill out last night- I was kind of sick of looking at the thing. But after a shower and some iced tea, I was ready to grill. Maybe you're wondering why it's nighttime in all our pictures- we ate dinner at about 9:45pm. Again, took a little longer than expected to put it together!
Dinner tonight- steak, mushrooms, onion, sausage, and corn on the cob!

The grill master!

Cheese on the Cob

1/2 cup mayonnaise
5 ears corn, husks and silk removed
1 cup shredded Parmesan
Chili powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Prepare grill. Brush a thin layer of mayonnaise on corn. Sprinkle the corn with cheese, chili powder, salt and pepper. Wrap each corn with foil and place on the grill. Turn occasionally and cook for about 10 minutes (until kernels begin to brown). Serve warm.

Grill gleamin


Poor little Ivy- we didn't let her come outside!

No comments: