Wednesday, July 2, 2008

girls- n. sweet n’ sassy

Yesterday, I took everyone on my personal tour of the sites of Nashvegas- we nicknamed it the Ivy tour- she went with us. I took them to downtown Nashville and we saw the capitol building, Ryman Auditorium, Music Row, Broadway, Vanderbilt, Parthenon, Bicentennial Mall, Centennial Park, etc. Did you know that Nashville is also called the Athens of the South? And the three stars on the TN flag are representative of West, Middle and East Tennessee. I could totally be a tour guide! Lisa enjoyed it- I think the girls were a little bored.

Click here for more pics of our Nashville tour.



Today was the day they have been waiting for all weekend! Their trip to Sweet N’ Sassy! They did the Princess Package- mini- mani, makeup app, and a hairdo. Deborah went with the rockstar look and Delancy did the princess look. They asked me about doing it- I told them I am already sweet n’ sassy!



Both Deborah and Delancy like banana pudding and since it is Jeremy's favorite dessert, I decided to make it while they were visiting us. My family traditionally makes the pudding by cooking it on the stove- from scratch, the old-fashioned way. One time, I made it for Jeremy like that and he said he wished it was the cold kind!!! I wasn’t so happy to hear that after I had spent all that time over the stove stirring it and making sure it didn’t burn.

The cold kind takes only a few minutes and it’s so easy! I’ll probably never make the stove top kind again! Here is the recipe for one of his favorites.

Banana Pudding
(the cold kind)

1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
1 (5 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix
3 cups cold milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
4 bananas, sliced
1/2 (12 ounce) package vanilla Wafers

In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Beat in condensed milk, pudding mix, cold milk and vanilla until smooth. Fold in 1/2 of the whipped topping.

Line the bottom of a 9x13 inch dish with vanilla wafers. Arrange sliced bananas evenly over wafers. Spread with pudding mixture. Top with remaining whipped topping. Chill.


We askd the girls about their favorite thing from their entire time in Nashville. They said Nucci's- the Italian Ice and Gelato place. Who would have thought that's all it takes for a fun trip to Nashville?!?! So, with one final stop to Nucci's, they are headed back to the great state of Texas, with a minor detour in Memphis to see the home of Elvis.

It was a fun, interesting, entertaining, exhausting, exciting, filling weekend (plus a few days) with Deborah, Delancy, and Aunt Lisa! I'm so glad they came to visit and hope there will be many more trips to Cousin Erin's- even if I live in OKC!

No comments: