Monday, July 28, 2008

Life is a Chair of Bowlies

Well, last night, Jeremy went for a run and when he got back, he was really craving a drink from Sonic. He ordered a cherry limeade and I wanted a cherry slushie. We drank our sonic drinks while watching tv and chatting and then, we went to bed.

My sonic slushie was left on the coffee table, on top of a magazine (so it wouldn't leave a ring on the coffee table!). Well, somehow, my cup had a hole in it, so cherry slushie was slowly leaking out all night while I slept peacefully. It wouldn't be that big of a deal, because of course, I had set my cup on a magazine, so only the magazine was ruined. EXCEPT- sitting right next to the magazine was my cell phone. My cell phone was covered in cherry goop and I spent most of the day letting it dry out and checking to see if it worked?!?!

It wanted to come back- it tried very hard- I saw it flicker a few times. But in the end, it just wasn't strong enough. It died. Just one black screen- not even a flicker now.

I have purchased a $14 Wal-Mart go phone- my contract isn't up until December 29th. But at least, I have a working phone!

We had squash from Jeremy's parents, so I made a squash dressing for dinner.

Dinner tonight- grilled chicken, squash dressing, and green beans

Squash Dressing

2 cups diced yellow squash
2 cups crumbled cornbread
1/2 cup margarine, melted
2 teaspoons dried sage
2 cloves garlic, diced
1 (10.75 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
1 egg, beaten
1 large onion, chopped
1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
salt and pepper to taste1/4 cup milk


Place squash in a pot fitted with a steamer basket over boiling water, and steam 10 minutes, or until tender.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a medium baking dish.
In a bowl, mix the squash, cornbread, margarine, sage, cream of mushroom soup, egg, onion, sugar, salt and pepper, and milk. Transfer to the prepared baking dish.
Bake 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until lightly browned.

E’s Notes:
  • It took much longer than 30 minutes to bake- closer to 1 hour.
  • I added a little bit of chicken bouillon for more flavor.
  • You could use cream of chicken or cream of celery soup instead.
  • I used my pastry blender to mash the squash up a little bit.



No comments: