Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Getting Settled

It's kind of like that saying what goes up, must come down . . . what gets packed in a box must come out! Luckily, the moving company unloaded all of our things, but they don't open boxes, unwrap items, or put items away. It's a pretty big task!

We were very fortunate to have the help of my mom! Both Jeremy and I had important work events on Monday, so we were extremely grateful to her for being present while the movers unloaded and for staying for several days to help us unpack and organize.


Things went pretty well- better than I expected. We got most of the essentials done within the first two days and I can find most things without too much trouble!


At one point during all the unpacking, Ivy thought it would be fun to run out into our garage and hide under my car. She refused to come out. We let her stay out there for a few minutes and she couldn't resist coming back inside to "help" unpack!


The movers wrap everything and I mean everything in several sheets of paper. Here is a look at the stack of papers that we had and that's not even all of it! Can you believe it?!?!


Ivy is so happy to have the couch back! She wasted no time in getting to her favorite little perch on the back of the couch.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so glad that you finally got all of your things! I heard some stories from your mom too. I can't wait to see you! Have fun on the ski trip! PS. I expect to be updated on how the trip was!

The Proctors said...

Whoo hoo! Making progress! Everything is going to look great!