Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Ice Day

An Ice Day is a little bit like a Snow Day, but NOT. On Snow Days, you wake up to a beautiful white blanket of snow. You anxiously watch the news to find out if work/ school is canceled! When it is, you celebrate! You can build a snow man, throw snow balls, and play in the snow. You can come in from playing in the cold and drink a steaming cup of hot chocolate. You watch in awe as the perfect little flakes fall silently onto the snow covered ground.

On Ice Days, you anxiously watch the news to see if work/ school is canceled and when it is, you celebrate. That’s pretty much where the similarity ends. There is no soft blanket of anything- it’s hard and crunchy. And you sure better not, go out and play. You’ll break your neck when you slip and fall. And you can’t watch flakes fall softly to the ground- pellets of ice are hitting your windows all night!


Where's Ivy?!?!

In all honesty, it’s really nice to have a random day off from work and it’s even nicer that we knew last night that we would not be going to work since the roads are so bad. We got to sleep in- Jeremy made breakfast- eggs, biscuits, and bacon. And I’ve lounged around in my pjs all morning.






What can you do on an Ice Day (since I’m obviously not playing outside)!?!? I’ve watched plenty of FoodNetwork, baked cupcakes, mostly caught up on blogging, took a bubble bath, and made some dinner!

Hopefully, my car will be defrosted tomorrow before I need to leave for work!

3 comments:

The Proctors said...

Nice! I'm so jealous that you got off work, even if it was for ice! It's just been raining for two days here, but still the schools are all canceled. Ridiculous!

Amy Mc said...

Just thought I would post one comment for all the fabulous posts! Well done! I loved all your cupcakes, you have a gift girl!

Unknown said...

I am jealous too... I don't get ice days here! It makes me miss my favorite parts of the weather in Texas, yes I even enjoy the cold weather - including the ice. Love you!