Friday, July 17, 2009

Get Your Kicks on Route 66

Rachel has been my intern all summer long and all summer, we've talked about having lunch at Pops. She's been there before and talked about how awesome it is. I couldn't wait to try it.

It's a gas station on Route 66. Sounds a little sketch, but it's really cool. They have tons of bottles of soda pop- I don't know how many- hundreds! You can choose any kind and they sort of have diner food- burgers, chicken fried steak, onion rings, grilled cheese etc.

Friday was Rachel's last day, so we had to go to Pops! It was really good and such a neat place to go! If you are ever driving Route 66, you should definitely stop at Pops.


I got a pomegranate Fizzy Lizzy and Rachel got a Vanilla Creme Soda. Rachel's was delicious- mine not so much. I didn't even drink it all! It was such a bummer- I was really looking forward to some sort of sugary, cherry, berry goodness. It wasn't sweet at all! Oh well! Luckily, Rachel shared a little with me!


Bottles line clear glass shelves all the way up to the ceiling! Don't worry- they are glued down, so no one can take them. We checked!












I know- nice name tag!






Rachel was so extremely helpful to me this summer and I'm so bummed that her internship is over, but I know we will keep in touch. She has already said that she would like to volunteer with us! : ) Thanks, Rachel, for all your hard work! You rock!

No comments: