Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Best. Chicken. Sandwich. Ever.

I can't explain how much I love this sandwich!  There is a local chain of restaurants in this area that makes a chicken sandwich that is out of this world!  I actually crave it! I decided to see if I could recreate a similar version at home.
First, you'll need to gather the ingredients.  You'll need chicken (you can grill a chicken breast or use some of a rotisserie chicken), bacon, brown sugar, chili powder, honey mustard, buns, and sliced cheese (I used provolone).  

Make a mixture of brown sugar and chili powder- maybe 1/2 cup or so of brown sugar and 1 1/2 tablespoons of brown sugar.  Use your best judgment.  Take your bacon and kind of pat it into the mixture, coating both sides with the mixture.  Then, I cracked fresh black pepper on the bacon- pretty heavy with the pepper.  Bake it at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes (or whatever your package directions say).  You'll want the bacon to be on the crisper side.

Toasting the bun is optional, but I think it's better that way.  Then, put the rotisserie chicken (or grilled breast) on the bottom half of the bun with a little honey mustard (you really can't have too much honey mustard).  Then, put your slice of provolone on top of the chicken.  Pop it into the over for a few minutes, so the cheese can melt over the chicken.

Put honey mustard on the top half of the bun.  Finally, Put 2 slices of bacon on top of the cheese and cap it off with the top of your bun!

Now, get ready to taste the best chicken sandwich ever!!!!!   



I served it with baked garlic, sweet potato fries!  Yum!




It's definitely not the healthiest recipe, but it's gooey and tangy and a little bit sweet!  You have to try it!!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This is far too cruel to read your blog. I especially should quit doing it when I am hungry!! Ah to have such ingredients at my finger tips... It sounds like the best chicken sandwich ever... I knew it the moment you mentioned bacon!

Amy Mc said...

ok that really does look delish!