Monday, April 11, 2011

Our Trip Home

In keeping with my theme of honesty, I was so scared to leave the safety, security, and comfort of the 3rd floor at the Women’s Center. Sure- I wanted to get some sleep without nurses taking my vitals and dietary bringing in my food tray at 7am. But things were so safe there! I knew ECW was in good hands and I had a number of experts on hand to help with any little problem.



But by Sunday afternoon, we were definitely ready to be in the comfort of our own home.

Getting ready to go home
Family of 3
Checking Em out of the nursery

 

First time in the car seat

Also, the pediatrician was a little concerned about jaundice. We had to have home health come and drop off a light “blanket” to help with her levels.

And when we got home, we realized our air conditioner was broken and it was HOT. I’d like to say I handled the blanket situation and no a/c like a champ, but not so much. I definitely cried!  Let’s blame it on those post-partum hormones.

Your eyes do not deceive you- we brought our first born child home to sleep in the pack and play

Our little glow worm


Ivy and Win were not sure what to think about the ECW or the light blanket

Despite the fact that she didn’t have a crib or beautifully decorated nursery (or air conditioning), Emme settled in nicely to her new home.

And luckily, we had help from Gram and Pop Pop to get the car unloaded and adjusted to our first night as a family of 3.

No comments: