Saturday, April 9, 2011

Well, hello!

I had a long list of to-dos for the latter half of this week and the weekend:

  • Get car seat checked . . . check
  • Haircut . . . check
  • Breastfeeding class . . . check
  • Manicure . . . nope
  • TX driver’s license . . . nope
  • Crib . . . nope
  • Clean out some closets . . . nope
  • Finish 5 blog posts I started . . . nope
  • Pack hospital bag . . . nope
  • Returns on a few baby items . . . nope
  • Make meals to freeze for post-baby . . . nope
  • Finish up thank you notes . . . nope
  • Lots and lots more to-dos . . . nope
Notice anything not on the list? Have baby! We never saw this one coming! Ha!

On Wednesday evening, I went to a breastfeeding class from 7:00-9:00pm at the hospital where we planned to have Emme. Unfortunately, Jeremy got stuck at work and was not able to attend the class. You can just imagine how bummed he was about that! Ha!

I got home a little after 9:00 and Jeremy still was not home. To be perfectly honest, I was a little annoyed. Annoyed that he missed the class and that he wasn’t home yet. He finally rolled in around 10:30. I also wasn’t feeling my best. In fact, my back was really hurting. Probably the uncomfortable chairs at the class.

The back ache continued and seemed to hurt pretty bad, then stop, then start again, then stop. I started thinking about it and around 11:30- I told Jeremy- honey, this might be it! We were both in shock and totally not prepared. I wasn’t really sure since it was all in my back.  And most of all, I knew we just were not ready.  We didn't even have our bags packed.  It was just by the grace of God that we even had the car seat properly installed.  Good thing He is in charge!

We went to bed around midnight and by “we,” I mean Jeremy. I took a shower and tried not to worry about that really long to do list. Finally, around 2:00am, I told Jeremy we should probably go to the hospital, since contractions were about 4 minutes apart.

At the hospital, they monitored me for 1 hour and said contractions were regular, but not quite intense enough. Just what every pregnant girl wants to hear!

We trekked it back home and again Jeremy went to bed and I was yet again unable to sleep. I had contractions on and off all night and the next morning. We though it might be time to head back to the hospital around 3:00 on Thursday afternoon. Again, they monitored me for an hour and then, they let me walk around for an hour, which really helped things progress. Around 5:30, they decided to admit me and get us a room.  I requested pain meds- stat!

It was a long night and 2 hours of pushing, but Emmeline Clare arrived at 6:10am. We were so overwhelmed and in awe of this little miracle. She was perfect in every way!




No comments: