Sunday, May 8, 2011

One Big Month

I can not believe Emmeline is already one month old! It’s gone by so fast, but at the same time, I feel like it’s been a year since I had a good night’s sleep. Right now, I’d be happy with a solid 4 hours- maybe next month?!?!

Our lives have been completely turned upside down, but we have so much love for this tiny baby girl.


Sweet Emmeline-

You are the joy of our lives! We love you more than words can express. We spend so much time just staring at your sweet, little face. You’ve grown so much over this past month—I think your doctor is going to be really happy with your progress at your one month appointment.


At your first pediatrician appointment, you weighed 5 lbs 6 ounces. We think you’re a little over 7 pounds right now.

Just when I think we have a routine going, you remind that you’re a baby and I can’t schedule a baby. Overall, you are so good. You cry sometimes and your dad and I just don’t know why. Rest assured- your momma has read every article and blog on parenting and feeding a newborn. It’s hard to admit that sometimes, we don't have all the answers.

You’ve met so many new friends and family this month and they absolutely adore you. If I fall behind on sending out pictures of you, I hear all about it. You make so many cute facial expression and all kinds of noises. Some of those noises are a little embarrassing for a lady like yourself, but we won’t tell anyone about those.

We love singing you songs, rocking you, reading you books and cuddling with you. We try to soak up every moment, because we know you won’t be our “little” baby for long.


We hope you always know how very much we love you and how blessed we feel to be your parents. God has blessed us so much with you in our family and we could not be happier or more thankful.

Love,
Your mommy

1 comment:

Jeanette said...

love all these photos-- we can never have too many Emme photos!!
MaeMae