Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Confessions of A New Mom

  1. I still watch the train wreck that is MTV's "Teen Mom."  Seriously- should over 30s moms even be allowed to watch Teen Mom?!?!
  2. Multiple days go by and I don't step one foot outside.  The closest I get is opening the back door and yelling for Winnie to come inside.
  3. I do at least one, if not two or more, loads of laundry EVERY day.  My pet peeve is dirty laundry piling up- can't take it.
  4. I will do ANYTHING to see Emme Clare smile.  And I mean, anything- silly faces, farting noises, sing, clap, talk in the most annoying high pitched baby voice ever.  It's worth it for that big, gummy grin!  Good thing I'm not on Teen Mom.
  5. I still cry about Ivy.
  6. My standard uniform is yoga pants and a t-shirt (aka- sweats). I swore I wouldn't be "that mom," but I'm consistently covered in spit up or milk or poo or all of the above.  It's just not worth it!
  7. Winnie hasn't been to the groomer in over 3 months.  Poor Win!
  8. I have googled/ blogged almost every baby issue possible and at the end of the day, I can tell you that it's pretty much half and half and a lot of people have really strong opinions.  You just need to do what's best for your baby.
  9. I owe some serious thank you notes.  Thank you notes that were due prior to the birth of EC. Yikes!
  10. Sometimes I feel this tiny twinge of envy for the old me and my freedom.  But one look at the big, gummy grin and I wouldn't trade the laundry, the spit up, the exhaustion, the never-ending diapers, the lack of "me" time, the worry for anything in the world!

1 comment:

Bonniebeewester said...

I'm soooo in the same boat as you :) my oh my how our lives change...and boy is it worth it! She is precious!