Thursday, September 8, 2011

5 Months!

Another month has flown by!  I can’t believe I have a 5 month old!  She is so great- we are so blessed to have such a wonderful baby girl.  Of course, the biggest change in this sweet girl’s life was her momma returning to work.  She didn’t skip a beat and has been an absolute doll.


She’s doing so great with taking two bottles a day.  She loves her nanny and her sweet friend, L.  She wakes up about 6:30am and I feed her and then, J and I take turns playing with her and getting ready for work.  She goes back to sleep about 8:00am.  She’s with our sweet nanny until we get home from work around 5:15 or 5:30.  We love every second that we get to spend with her.  


She weighed in at 14 lbs 3 ounces- still around the 40th percentile for weight.  

Emme Clare is laughing and smiling all the time!  She had her first really big laugh this month and it absolutely melted our hearts!  You can’t watch the video without cracking a smile!


She is fascinated by Winnie and watches everything she does.  Sometimes she just smiles really big when she sees Win.  She’s doing great with holding her head up and sitting up with a little bit of help.  She hasn’t been rolling over quite as much, but if I’m being honest- it might be because we don’t put her on her play mat as much as we should!


This month we have been able to spend so much time with family and friends and it’s been wonderful.  Overall, this transition has gone better than I could have ever hoped!


Sweet Emmeline-

You are one amazing little baby girl!  We adore you from the top of your head to the very tips of your little toes.  Your laugh is the best sound we have ever heard!

I miss you SO much while I am at work, but I know you’re having a great day.  We have a ton of fun together in the evenings and on the weekends. 

I love watching you see life.  You are fascinated by your hands and that they move.  You love all of our silly noises and faces.  I’m so excited that you finally seem to enjoy reading books (or at least, you don’t cry when we get them out). 

You are precious to us!  I thank God every day that he picked me to be your mommy.  I know that I don’t deserve you and all the wonderfulness that you bring to my life. 

I hope you always know how much we treasure you and how much you are loved by your parents and Heavenly Father.  I love you!

Love,

Your mommy         


No comments: