Thursday, April 10, 2008

The reason birds can fly and we can't is simply that they have perfect faith, for to have faith is to have wings.

Or we can't fly because we booked our flight with American and they have canceled over 1,000 flights during the past 2 days. I should have known it was too good to be true when I found a round trip flight from Nashville to Abilene for $250. I have now booked with a different airline and I should be in Dallas at some point tomorrow. That is if Nashville avoids the severe weather and tornado activity that is predicted for late tonight and early tomorrow morning. I'll keep you posted!

I have a new favorite salad and it happened by accident, but I LOVE it! We'll just call it Erin's salad, since I made it up and I'm not sure that anyone else will really like it.


Erin's Salad

Ingredients:


salad mix

1/2 lemon

grated parmesan

grape tomatoes

prosciutto

walnuts

goat cheese with herbs

balsamic vinegar


Put lettuce into large bowl and squeeze half of lemon on salad. Then, sprinkle with grated parmesan and lightly toss together. Then add tomatoes, chopped/ sliced prosciutto, walnuts and goat cheese. Note: I salt sliced tomatoes separately. Add a splash of balsamic and toss everything together. So tasty!

No comments: