Friday, May 23, 2008

Berry Sweet

I love strawberries! When I was little we had them growing in our garden and my dad used to joke that he couldn't take me to pick the strawberries because he didn't come back with any. I'm also still working on those pantry items!

I made strawberry shortcake- I used Bisquick and Jello instant pudding! So easy and pretty delicious! Here is the recipe on the Bisquick web-site!


Strawberry Shortcake

2 1/3 cups Bisquick
1/2 cup milk
3 tablespoons sugar
3 tablespoons butter, melted
Sweetened sliced strawberries
Whipped topping or vanilla pudding
Heat oven to 425°F.
Stir Bisquick mix, milk, sugar and butter until soft dough forms. Drop by 6 spoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet.
Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Split warm shortcakes; fill and top with strawberries and whipped topping. (Sweeten strawberries before making shortcakes so sugar has time to dissolve; for each quart of sliced strawberries, stir in 1/2 cup sugar.)




I can't believe how big Ivy is getting! It's almost her one year birthday. Here are some "berry sweet" pictures of our little Ivy.

THEN

NOW

No comments: