Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Full of Beans

Today was definitely less eventful, which was nice for a change! Over a year ago, we went to a church potluck and someone brought these baked beans and Jeremy loved them! Today, I was searching recipes and I stumbled across the recipe and decided to make them for dinner. I didn't love them- I think I like them the regular way with ketchup, mustard, and brown sugar. Jeremy was still a BIG fan! I halved the recipe and we still have a lot of beans leftover, especially since I didn't eat too many.

Dinner tonight- hamburgers (leftover), guacamole and tortilla chips, and baked beans.



Sue and Gloria's Baked Beans
(from FoodNetwork and Paula Deen)

4 (16-ounce) cans baked beans
1 (20-ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
1 cup molasses
1 cup BBQ sauce
2 tablespoon yellow or brown mustard
5 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
1 (6-ounce) can french-fried onions, crushed
Salt and freshly ground black pepper

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In large bowl, mix together beans, pineapple, molasses, BBQ sauce, mustard, bacon, and a third of the onions. Add some salt and pepper, to taste. Pour beans in 9 by 13-inch casserole dish and sprinkle remaining crushed onions and bacon on top. Cook in oven for 1 hour or until beans brown and bubble. Serve warm.



2 comments:

Eddie said...

Love this Ivy dog photo. My the pillow looks great on the front porch
love mj

Eddie said...

Love this photo of Ivy dog!! Pillow on the front porch looks cool
love mj