Friday, May 2, 2008

I Heart Wilton!

I bought a new 12 piece cupcake decorating set from Wilton and I LOVE it! My one complaint- it says TWELVE piece- well, 8 of the 12 are plastic bags- "4 piece plus bags" would be a little more accurate.


I had so much fun with these cupcakes. I'm really not that great (yet!), as you can see from the pictures. But the possibilities are limitless! My friend, Tiffany, is graduating with her masters tomorrow and I'm taking these carrot cake cupcakes to the party. Even if you're not a huge carrot cake fan, I really recommend trying this recipe- it's delicious! And it doesn't have a weird texture, because it calls for carrot baby food. I think you will be pleasantly surprised. I fell in love with this carrot cake my freshman year of college- my roommate, Michelle, introduced me to it. And there's been no looking back . . .




Michelle’s Carrot Cake


Ingredients:
1 1/2 cup oil
2 (4 ounce) jars carrot baby food
4 eggs
2 cups white sugar
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoons baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place 24 liners in cupcake pans. In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Set aside. In a large mixing bowl, combine oil and baby food, then add eggs. Add sugar and mix well. Add the flour mixture and mix until well combined.


Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake at 350 degrees F for 20-22 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean.
Cool for 10 minutes in the pan, then turn out onto a wire rack.

Icing
1 8 oz. cream cheese
1 stick butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 lb. powdered sugar
(Pecans optional)

Cream butter and cream cheese together until well-blended. Then, add vanilla and powdered sugar. Mix well. And frost cupcakes when completely cooled.


No comments: