Tuesday, May 13, 2008

There is one thing more exasperating than a wife who can cook and won't, and that's a wife who can't cook and will. ~Robert Frost



Tonight’s dinner- tilapia with tartar sauce, roasted garlic asparagus, and a side salad. [Nice napkins, right?!?]

I rubbed olive oil on the filets and rubbed in a fish seasoning from the grocery store. I baked 3 tilapia filets at 400 degrees for 25 minutes. Not much to do with the fish- the tartar sauce is the real star of this show!

After trimming the woody ends off the asparagus, I cut them into 1 ½- 2 inch pieces. I put them in a large gallon Ziploc bag with 3-4 sliced cloves of garlic and olive oil (and a pinch or two of salt). I let the asparagus marinate for about 45 minutes- you could probably let it marinate for up to 2 hours. I roasted the asparagus at the same time I baked the fish- 400 degrees (about 20 minutes). Actually, I think I would have only put it in for 15 minutes.

I served the fish with a “healthier” version of tartar sauce (see recipe below). We also had a side salad with grape tomatoes and cucumber.

South Beach Friendly Tartar Sauce


(Makes 1 1/4 cups tartar sauce)

2/3 cup fat-free plain yogurt
1/3 cup mayo
1/2 tsp. dill weed (dried dill)
2 T capers, drained and finely minced
3 T dill pickle relish (or use finely chopped dill pickles)


E’s Notes:

  • I just eyed everything and I think I ended up using a little more mayo because my mixture was a little too thin.

  • I also added some salt and lemon- pepper.

  • I used fresh dill because I love it!

Ivy spent the weekend with Billy and Rita and her best dog, Gabby. She was exhausted- she spent most of the day in her crate! And not because, I made her stay inside the crate! Poor little Ivy!


No comments: