Monday, June 16, 2008

I love you like a fat kid loves cake.

I made some cupcakes for our cookout on Sunday night. I think they turned out pretty well. I cheated a little bit by using a white cake mix for the actual cupcake. But the icing was completely from scratch and that's what really counts!!

I think they were a hit- although, not everyone tried a cupcake. Luckily, Jeremy can always take the leftovers to work! I also have to credit to Melissa and Jeremy- they put the sprinkles on top!

Milk Chocolate Frosting

1 cup butter, softened
6 cups powdered sugar
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
½ cup milk

Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Add remaining ingredients, beating until smooth.


E’s Notes:

  • I used one package (or box) of powdered sugar.
  • I think I added a little extra cocoa powder- I like it very chocolatey!

No comments: