Friday, June 6, 2008

“If you talk bad about country music, it's like saying bad things about my momma. Them's fightin' words!" - Dolly Parton

Every year, Nashville hosts the largest country music festival- CMA Music Festival. People come from all over to see their favorite stars. Usually, it's raining tons! This year, it wasn't raining, but it was really hot!

All of the artists do autograph signings and picture booths for 4 days and fans line up for hours. Most native Nashville residents, just enjoy the nightly concerts, which features 5 or 6 artists singing four or five of their biggest hits. It's a great chance to see people that you like, but might not want to buy tickets for their entire concert. I went on Friday night and here's the line up:

"Concert hosted by CMT's Allison DeMarcus and featuring Ashton Shepherd (acoustic), Jack Ingram, Lady Antebellum, Miranda Lambert, Carrie Underwood, Josh Turner, Jake Owen (acoustic), Faith Hill and a surprise guest."

The surprise guest was Keith Urban! Everyone did a fabulous job, but the star performer award goes to Carrie Underwood. She was just a really great entertainer. I really wanted to pick Faith, because I love her and I think her husband is fabulous, but Carrie was better! Maybe it was an off night for Faith?!?!
Mandy and I at LP Field (our seats were a little high)!
Carrie Underwood performing.
I did not know how much I heart Josh Turner until tonight!

My favorite- Faith Hill!

No comments: