Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Two for One

I love cooking one time and freezing some of a dish to have a few weeks later. Back a few weeks ago, I made enchiladas for my small group. I also put some in the freezer, so we had those tonight! It was the perfect amount for 2 people with a little bit leftover for the next day’s lunch.

The real star of the show was the guacamole! I'm very particular about my guacamole! I don't really like it if it's store- bought or out of a "can." And I think fresh lime juice is the make it or break it for perfect guac!

Dinner tonight- enchiladas, Mexican rice, and guacamole.


Erin’s Guac

2 avocados
Juice of 1 lime
½ of tomato, diced
½ of onion, diced
Garlic powder
Salt

Halve avocados and spoon into bowl. Juice lime on top of avocados and mash together. You can do it as chunky or as smooth as you prefer. Add tomatoes and onion and stir together. Season with garlic powder and salt to taste.


No comments: