Friday, July 11, 2008

J- O- B

I am so completely thrilled and excited to report that I have a J-O-B in Oklahoma City. And it's a job that I am really excited about! I am going to be the Director of Outreach and Volunteers at the YWCA- Oklahoma City.

I feel so blessed! Jeremy, so many of you, and I have prayed about this for such a long time. It has been really hard over the past few months to have patience and trust that God knows what is best for us. No doubt, it's been a long road . . . but we are so happy to be at this point in our lives!

We are sad to leave Nashville, but we feel really good about what is ahead of us in Oklahoma City. This job is something I would love to do even if I didn't have to work! Here's a little synopsis of my job duties:

"The Director of Volunteer and Outreach Services is responsible for recruiting and training new volunteers for all YWCA program areas, as well as maintaining involvement of current volunteers. The Director will also represent and speak on behalf of the YWCA in a variety of capacities."

It's going to be challenging, but rewarding. I can't wait to start. My start date is August 4th (so soon- I know!).

A funny story- the mission of the YWCA is "eliminating racism and empowering women ." Recently, the YWCA-OKC decided to state the mission when they answer phone calls. As you can see, the mission is a little long and a little wordy. Apparently, more than one person has been caught saying- eliminating women and empowering racism. Oops! Hopefully, I won't make the mistake!

No comments: