Sunday, July 6, 2008

Only two things money can't buy . . .

True love and home grown tomatoes! I absolutely LOVE fresh-from-the-garden tomatoes. They are nothing like any of the tomatoes that are bought in the grocery store. They have so much more flavor and color! The pictures don't even do them justice!

Jeremy's parents have a garden and they have all kinds of delicious vegetables. But the tomatoes, without a doubt, are my most favorite! I slice them up and salt liberally. They probably gave me 6 or 7 tomatoes to bring home with us. I was a little worried, because Jeremy is going to be out of town, but I think I can probably eat them all myself! My mom suggested making a homemade salsa- I'm thinking about it, but if it didn't turn out well, I would feel like I wasted a tomato. They are only available for a limited time and in limited quantities!

They also gave me some squash and cucumber, so I'll be coming up with a few recipes to use those vegetables!




No comments: