Monday, September 22, 2008

A friend is a brother, who once was a bother.

Even though, my brother is significantly taller than me, I still think of him as my “little” brother. And no matter how old he actually is or what he accomplishes in life, I will always think of him as younger, like a kid. In reality, he is 24 (almost 25) and he has a fabulous job and is in the process of getting his MBA.


I remember when he was born, I couldn’t wait to wear my pink t-shirt that said- I’m the big sister! It was such a proud moment for me! And if you talk to him about me for very long, I’m sure he will tell you that I took that title very seriously. I’ve always thought it was my job to “guide” him through life. Sometimes, he took that really well, other times, not so much.

Our relationship has definitely had its ups and downs (especially when I was too cool for school in high school), but through it all, my relationship with Ethan has been one of loyalty and strength. There is nothing that I would not do for him and I know he feels exactly the same way about me. Luckily, the addition of Jeremy to our family, has only made us closer!


I am immensely proud of the wonderful, Godly man that he is today. And I’m so happy to let you know that he is getting married!!!
Through the course of the next few months and years, our relationship will change and grow, as a new person becomes a part of our family. It will be wonderful and different all at the same time. Sarah is great and I really look forward to getting to know her and spend family time with her! While in some ways, I am losing Ethan to Sarah, I also see it as an opportunity to have a little sister. Welcome to our family, Sarah!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks Erin. We both appreciate your blog and can't wait to spend some "family" time together. Thanks for everything Big sis.