Saturday, September 27, 2008

I Heart VD!

Since JTW was out of town for the weekend, Amy came down for a long overdue girls weekend (her hubby was also gone on a boys' trip). We kicked Friday night off with some pjs and lots of talking and catching up.

Saturday, we were super lazy and we hung out around the house, took Ivy on a walk and did a little shopping. We enjoyed a delicious dinner at the Elephant Bar and had an amazing appetizer of sweet potatoes fries. My recipe for baked sweet potatoe fries is delicious, but you can't beat the real fried ones!

Saturday night, we attended the Victory Dolls bout. The Victory Dolls are a roller derby team in OKC and they do tons for the YWCA, including donating all their proceeds from each bout. How generous! Amy and I had never experiences a roller derby bout, so it was all new for us. I can see that I'll probably never play or be a true fan, since when any player went down, I cringed, while the rest of the crowd cheered.

Amy and I cheering on the VD

My co-workers, who were also there to support the team


We had a great time at the game, but unfortunately the Dolls lost! Sunday morning, we were off to a delicious brunch at a French Cafe. As you can see, neither of us is on a diet! Amy started off the weekend a little reluctant to embrace Ivy. BUT, Ivy wore her down and Ivy is now among Am's favorite dogs. That's really not saying a lot since Amy isn't a huge fan of dogs, but Ivy does love Amy!

Amy hearts Ivy!

No comments: