Saturday, November 22, 2008

Girls Night Out

My friend Tiffany and I were invited to celebrate her friend, Jessica's birthday. Jeremy was invited to the OU v. Texas Tech game with a few of his friends, so I thought it would be a good night for some girl time.


I left my house with the impression that we would be fine dining- enjoying good food and good company. No such luck! Apparently, no one in the entire state of Oklahoma can celebrate a birthday, eat a nice meal, etc. when an OU football game is being televised. So instead, we end up in a sports bar watching the football game.

As most of you know, I am the farthest thing from an OU fan. I can't even pretend for one second to even a little bit, kind-of like the Sooners. It's just not happening. For one thing, OU fans are haters! Instead of being happy that they have a great team and celebrating that team, they just boo on Texas. I'm not even a Longhorns fan, but seriously, what is the point of buying a Longhorns sticker (and therefore, contributing $ to UT) and putting it in on your car upside down?!?! Is that necessary???



And most importantly, I've never seen such an obnoxious group of fans. They have OU everything- shirts, socks, sweatshirts, hats, baby bibs, and Christmas lights. That's right- I said Christmas lights! Who can tell me what OU has to do with Christmas?!?!

Anyway, enough of my rant. I normally try not to use this blog as a forum to complain about things I encounter in daily life, but this "Girls Night Out" pushed me over the edge. A sports bar full of devoted OU fans and no where else to go really pushed my limits . . .


Happy Birthday, Jessica!

No comments: