Sunday, March 29, 2009

Dirty Puppies

Today, so very unlike yesterday, is sunny and a lovely 65 degrees, with a slight breeze. Great day for a 5K, right?!?! Anyway, because of the nice weather, I thought it would be a good idea to let Ivy and Winnie play in the backyard. I sat in my little office with a perfect view of the backyard and peeked over at them ever once in a while. I saw them play chase with a stick. At one point, they looked like they were trying to tan- both on their backs getting a little sun on their bellies.

After they had been out there, oh say, 15 minutes or so, I realized that I could no longer see them out my office window. I hopped up from my chair and went to open the back door. And then, I saw them!

They were both facing me and digging furiously in the dirt. I open the door and scream- what are you doing?!?! They look up and freeze and if dogs could talk, I swear, they would have said- oh crap, she caught us!




The pictures don’t even do it justice. Their faces and little paws were brown- a muddy brown color. I went outside snapped a few pics and took them straight inside for a bath.





They hate baths! The entire time I kept telling them- this is what you get for digging in the dirt. Somehow, I don’t think puppies learn lessons like that!


Ivy getting in the corner- as far away from the tub as possible!


All clean!

No comments: