Sunday, September 20, 2009

I Am A Bear!

It has been 7 LONG years, since I have been on the Baylor campus. Oh- how I have missed it! I went to Baylor for Homecoming during my first year of law school and for whatever reason, I haven't made it back. Jeremy has never even been to Waco. We thought Saturday would be the perfect opportunity to visit the campus and watch some football.

We made a stop in Dallas, so we could have a late breakfast with Rocky, Amy and Brinley. Little Miss Brinley was too cute for words!




She is at this really great age right now where you can look at her and talk in a baby voice and she will break out into this huge grin. It's irresistible!!!



Jeremy could not get enough of her!!! She sat in his lap the whole time we were eating. She was perfectly happy!








After breakfast with Am and Rock, we headed to Waco. Even on the drive, I started reminiscing about old times and driving to Waco and all my college days!

Our first stop in Waco was Ninfa's for lunch to meet up with Aunt Lisa. Ninfa's was one of my absolute favorite restaurants in college. They have this amazing green salsa! The food wasn't quite as good as I remembered, but tasty nonetheless!


We took a mini walking tour of the campus. It's just so beautiful and I loved being there again! It has changed so much in the past 7 years, but I could still recognize a few of the buildings.





It was really fun to share this place that is so special to me with Jeremy. I think he liked seeing it, too!





After hitting up the bookstore for a few new ts, we were off to the game. Sic 'em Bears!





Unfortunately, the end result was not in favor of BU. But we had a fabulous time cheering them on.






After the game, we drove around the campus and looked at all the places I used to live. Jeremy couldn't even believe that I lived in this little house that is falling apart. We saw my freshman dorm and too many other places to name. What a great day!
Sic 'em Bears!

1 comment:

The Proctors said...

What a fun trip! I haven't been back to HSU in about that long either. Good times!
Love ya!
Mandy