Thursday, September 24, 2009

The ordinary acts we practice every day at home are of more importance to the soul than their simplicity might suggest. - Thomas Moore

It's just been an ordinary day and an ordinary week. Nothing too eventful to report. I thought I would share my recipe for dinner tonight. I'm posting minimal pictures of the actual dinner, because rice, chicken, and asparagus don't photo all that well. You get the idea! Instead, I opted for a few pics of Ivy and Win. They photograph pretty well!

This is a great week night dinner and fairly healthy! You could change up the chicken recipe to suit your personal tastes- I think rosemary would be delicious!



Grilled Chicken with Lemon and Thyme

Ingredients:
1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
1/2 teaspoon dried red-pepper flakes
1 clove garlic, minced
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon fresh-ground black pepper
4 bone-in chicken breasts (about 2 1/4 pounds in all)

Light the grill or heat the broiler. In a shallow dish, combine the lemon juice with the thyme, red-pepper flakes, garlic, oil, salt, and black pepper. Coat the chicken with the mixture.

Grill the chicken breasts over moderately high heat or broil them for 8 to 10 minutes. Turn and cook until the chicken is just done, about 10 minutes longer.

E’s Notes:
  • Used boneless, skinless chicken breast (approx. 1 lb.).
  • I let the chicken marinade for about 15 minutes, but you could do it a little longer.
  • Of course, I like a little more spice, I added extra red pepper flakes and garlic.
  • I used my grill pan, which worked perfectly!

Asparagus
Trim tough ends. Drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake at 400 degrees for about 15 minutes. Sometimes, right when I take it out of the oven, I sprinkle on some Parmesan cheese.
Lemony Rice
I posted the recipe for lemony rice earlier on the blog. I made some modifications to the recipe when I had an electric stove. If you have a gas stove, you can follow the recipe as is. This is Jeremy's favorite rice!


Ivy and Win were in a stare down- they will stare at each other for a good 30 seconds and one of them will take off running. Then, the chase is on. They will spend the next 15 minutes chasing each other! And that, friends, is why we have 2 dogs!




Here is Ivy (post-chase), watching some TV. Doesn't she look perfectly perched on the couch?!?!



And here is a little sneak peek at what is up tomorrow for the birthday boy!!!





1 comment:

Unknown said...

what birthdayboy? Sorry I am a bit confused. The food looks yummy! I might even be able to find those ingredients here! love you!