Sunday, August 30, 2009

Weekend of Catching Up

Early Saturday morning, we left OKC for DeLeon, Texas! That’s right- the birth place of me (and pretty much my entire family!)! My PaPa invited the family down to his house for lunch and catching up.

Everyone in the Moore family made it, except for Tabitha, who is doing mission work in Ecuador. We really missed her! Here’s the low down on the Moore Fam.

My dad has a brother and a sister. Randy is married to Tina (also my mom’s sister- don’t get bogged down on that one, just accept it and move on) and they have Jason, Tabitha and James. Polly is married to Gerald and they have Bryan. Of course, my dad is married to Jeanette and they have me (now married to Jeremy) and Ethan (now married to Sarah). My MaMa passed away when I was in high school and now, PaPa is married to Earlene.


The guys- Bryan, Gerald, James, Randy, Ethan, Dad, Jason, PaPa, Jeremy

The gals- Earlene, Polly, Tina, Mom, Me, Sarah (missing Tab)


We had a fabulous lunch of steak, mashed potatoes, black eyed peas and rolls. Warm peach cobbler with vanilla ice cream for dessert! Yum!

After lunch, my dad set up his video camera and we asked PaPa lots of questions about growing up and his parents and meeting MaMa and it was all captured on film.

I absolutely loved hearing his stories! A lot of them I didn’t even know and of course, some are family legend!
When he was about 9 months old, his mom (my great-grandmother Moore) was washing clothes outside and he was napping in the house. She noticed a slight haze and didn’t think they were expecting rain. Soon, she realized the house was on fire and that haze was smoke. She ran inside and pulled the mattress that my PaPa was sleeping on outside. That was the only thing saved from the house!

We had such a great day spending time with the Moore Family! My mom came back with us to OKC for a short visit.

On the way back, we decided to catch up with a few friends. We had brunch with Melissa and John at La Madeline’s. Yum! It’s always good to see them in Dallas or Abilene! As usual, we did not get pics with John and Melissa! Hopefully, there will be a great opportunity in the near future to take some pictures with them!

Um, yea, I'm pretty sure Brinley's hand is in Win's mouth!!!

And then, we stopped by to catch up with Little Miss Brinley and her momma! Rocky was working, so we didn't get to see him this trip. Ivy and Winnie went crazy over Brinley. They loved her! And she was amazing and loved them too! I can’t believe she didn’t cry or get scared, but she loved just watching them.


Brinley loved my mom! Actually, it's mutual!

Except for a little spit up on me, it was the perfect afternoon! You can see more pics and get Am's side of the store on her blog!



Have you ever?!?!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so depressed to miss out on that weekend! I didn't even hear about it until afterwards! I am glad that you all got together though! I miss you!

ErinW said...

We missed you too!