Monday, September 7, 2009

White Trash Addiction

Bet you thought I was talking about a new reality TV show set in a trailer park where peroxide, permed blonde women (wearing daisy dukes and desperately needing to get their roots “done”) look into the camera and tell us their darkest, deepest demons. And a counselor, high on life, helps them overcome their addictions to lottery ticket buying and meth.

Nope! Wrong show! This is a cooking blog!



I’m sure you’ve all tried some version of White Trash made with various ingredients. I forgot how good it was until yesterday! So crunchy, sweet, salty, and chocolatey- all at the same time!

You can’t beat the salty-sweet combo!





Here’s what I used:
2 pckgs (12 oz. each) of white chocolate chips
4 cups rice cereal
4 cups corn cereal
2 cups pretzel sticks
2 cups peanuts
12 oz. pckg of M&Ms

Melt the chocolate chips (I used the microwave, 30 second intervals on medium power) until smooth. Combine all other ingredients.

Pour chocolate over mixture- delicately mix well. Spread out onto wax paper and let harden.

I bet you can’t wait until it sets to try a little bite! It’s impossible.


Make sure you have a lot of people coming over or you can take this to work, because it's addicting! Before you know it, you've eaten half of it! Trust me- I know!



3 comments:

Jenna said...

White Trash is SO GOOD! I love your clever blog!

By the way, I need help with a header. How'd you do yours? I can't even get my pictures in the header. What's the deal? I'm usually good at this stuff.

Amy Mc said...

Gotta love this one...so, does this mean the no sugar/flour diet is over?

ERIN said...

I used scrapblog.com to make my header. It takes a little bit to figure it out, but once you get the hang of it- it's super easy! You can pay for certain backgrounds and stickers, but all the ones I have made have been with the free items. You can email or call if you have questions!


The no sugar/flour diet is on a momentary hiatus! :)