Sunday, November 8, 2009

All About the Girls

Well folks, it’s sad, but true- my 20s are coming to a hasty end. More on that later. To celebrate the impending big day, my 3 besties and I headed to Austin for a super fun girls weekend!

We met up in Dallas and Amy, Ali, Melissa and I hopped in the big tahoe and drove to Austin. We stopped half way in Waco to grab some lunch at Ninfa’s and do a little shopping at Spice. We were off to a good start!




Amy & Ali at Ninfa's


Melissa & me at Ninfa's

My friends are super great and surprised with a gorgeous birthday cake. The cake was handled with care all the way from Dallas to Austin.

How pretty!




However, the cake did not exactly make it in "one piece." Actually, it was completely destroyed, but don't think that held us back from enjoying it!


oops!




We arrived at our hotel on Friday afternoon and got settled in. We stayed at the Hyatt Lost Pines, which was a fabulous resort. We toured the grounds, enjoyed a campfire smore, ate at the all you can eat buffet and relaxed in the hot tub. It was so peaceful and relaxing.


The next morning, we were up bright and early for our spa day! We slipped into the spa robe and slippers and sipped on some cucumber water. We were treated to fabulous massages and enjoyed the steam room and other amenities. What a great way to start the day!



our ride for the entire weekend- Thanks, Am!


lunch at TX Roadhouse


After the spa and lunch, it was time to shop! We went to the outlets at San Marcos. Let me just say- wow! Lots of stores and lots of people. It was a bit of a madhouse, but we were able to find a few bargain purchases.

Amy, me, & Ali


flower headbands make you sassy


After only a few hours of shopping, we went back to the resort to get ready for dinner and celebrating the birthdays.

Ali & me



Amy & me



Melissa & me

Before we headed out for dinner, we celebrated the birthdays. Amy so graciously shared her real birthday with me. It wouldn't be right if she didn't get her own birthday cake!









The smashed birthday cake did not hold us back! It was so tasty! We all grabbed a pink fork and just ate it right out of the box.

We went to downtown Austin for dinner at Moonshine. The place came highly recommended and it did not disappoint. It was so yummy!!!






the birthday girls


We had such a great weekend- it was everything I could want in a 30th birthday girls weekend. I'm such a really, really blessed girl. I know taking an entire weekend to travel to Austin to celebrate my birthday was a little bit of challenge for these 3 beautiful friends and I can't thank them enough!

Amy, Ali, & Melissa- Thank you so much for coming on my birthday girls weekend. I had such a fun time with each of you and you made this birthday so special for me. I love you so very much!

Am- I know it was hard leaving Brinley for the first time, but you were such a trooper and I can't imagine the weekend without you there! You've been there for so many of my birthdays and for so much more. Your friendship is so important to me! And thanks for sharing your birthday. Happy birthday, Amy!

Ali- Thanks for making the trip all the way from DC and making time to head to TX. You always do such a great job of not letting the long distance get in the way of our friendship. You're such a special friend and I'm so glad you were a part of this. I can't wait to see what this new year brings for our friendship!

Melissa- You have so much going on in your life right now (aka- wedding planning) and I'm so glad you took the time for this weekend. Just like always, you went out of your way to make my birthday so special and fun. I'm looking forward to many, many more great memories with you! And celebrating with you in March!


My besties


1 comment:

The Proctors said...

What a great weekend!! I looks like you guys had such a good time! If I had a job and no baby I would have definitely been there!!!