Sunday, November 15, 2009

The secret to staying young is to live honestly, eat slowly, and lie about your age. – Lucille Ball

Jeremy planned a really fun birthday celebration for us in the Big D. We stayed at the luxurious Joule Hotel in downtown. It was heavenly!!!

It was so nice to get away for an evening and relax & enjoy spending time with each other.

He also made dinner reservations for us at Hotel ZaZa’s Dragonfly. We hadn’t been to the Dragonfly since we were engaged in 2006. And I love it! It was such a great surprise! The food is amazing!


in front of our hotel




at the Dragonfly




We had so much fun talking about our memories of our engagement and how much things have changed since we've been married and moved away from Dallas.

Next, we went to the Iron Cactus (next door to our hotel) for some yummy dessert!




The rooftop had a beautiful view of downtown and a neat infinity pool. It was heated, but it seemed to cool to get in the pool.




But we enjoyed the lounge chairs!



The next day, we went to lunch at one of our favorite Dallas restaurants- Pappadeaux. And- surprise!!!


My mom, Ethan, and Sarah were there!!!!


reading one of the hilarious "30" b-day cards


those "you're old" jokes never get old

Yay! A new paper shredder!


Apparently, this card was HILARIOUS


Jeremy is thinking- my wife is out of control

Ethan, Sarah, MaeMae, me and J

We had a fabulous lunch! I'm so glad my family got to be part of this exciting birthday! All their gifts and cards were so special and it was so sweet that they took the time to join us for a quick lunch. And what an amazing husband I have- the birthday was so much more than I could have ever expected. THANK YOU!!!!

But of course, my mom couldn't just go to lunch with me. She sent me home with THIRTY gifts to be opened on my actual birthday.




WOW- I can hardly wait!!!!!!!!!!


No comments: