Sunday, January 3, 2010

Homecoming


Tabitha is currently a missionary in Ecuador with Operation Mobilization.  She helps other missionaries who come to Ecuador for both short term and long term mission projects.  In many ways, Tabitha is like a sister to me- a double cousin and for a looonng time- my only other girl cousin.  Her homecoming was a sweet time of catching up.

She was able to come home for 2 weeks for Christmas.  It was such a treat for our family!  We had a little get-together family luncheon at my parent's house on Saturday.  Almost everyone made it!

I admire Tab so much- she spent a year in Thailand and she's in her 2nd year of mission work in Ecuador (she is committed for at least 2 years to Ecuador).  It takes a tremendous amount of strength and prayer to go alone to a foreign country as a missionary.  Tabitha was able to show us a slide show of pictures and tell us about the great work being done there.


Tabitha, Jessica, Etta & Jerry


Tabitha, Delancy, David & Deborah

It was really great to hear firsthand what is happening in Ecuador and I know Tabitha appreciated the support from our entire family.


Bryan, Tabitha, Gerald & Polly



Earlene, Tab & PaPa



Dad & Mom w/ Tabitha



Me and Tabitha



the girls


Lisa & Tabitha

Prayers for Tabitha-
  • Please pray for Tabitha as she makes a decision about where God wants to send her next- she has to decide in the next few weeks if she would like to stay in Ecuador, continue with OM, go back to school, go to another country or return to the U.S.
  • Ecuador can be a dangerous place, so please pray for her safety and the safety of her other team members.
  • Also, pray for her job stress as she is planning one of the first medical mission trips to Ecuador in April.
  • If you feel called to financially support Tabitha, let me know and I can get you the support information.
  • If you would like to go to Ecuador on a medical mission trip or another short term mission trip, I can get you the sign up info.  The medical mission trip will be in mid-April.
Tabitha-  you are such a special person in my life and I have a tremendous amount of respect for the work you are doing.  We miss you terribly, but understand that you are being obedient to God.  I'm praying for you and I can't wait to see what great things happen in the next few months.  Just remember to take it one day at a time and you are only one person!

So wherever you go, make disciples of all nations: Baptize them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit.



Matthew 28:19

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks Erin! I also admire you a lot too! Thanks for all the advise, I am pretty sure that it didn't just go in one ear and out the other. I love you!