Saturday, January 2, 2010

Not Resolutions.

I'm not such a big fan of New Year's Resolutions- they are long forgotten by about the 3rd week in January.  Having said that, I do think it's important to work on the betterment of one's self and set goals.  Rather than resolutions, I'd like to share some goals for 2010.

I also read something about how writing down goals and setting reachable, clear goals helps you stick to them.  For example, thinking in my mind- I'd like to be the skinniest girl ever.  Not a good goal.  Here's my attempt at realistic, reachable, written goals . . .

  • Health- overall, I'd like to focus on healthy living, including a more balanced diet and increased exercise
    • goal- running a 5K in 2010
  • Spiritual- in the busyness of life, it's really easy to let God take 2nd to so many things competing for my time- family, work, house chores, travel, blogging, friends, etc.  I want commit to more quiet, alone time with God.
    • goal- keeping a prayer journal
  • Marriage- it's easy to think good marriages just happen.  Really good marriages take effort and time and understanding.  I could use some improvement in all these areas.
    • goal- being more loving and spending more "quality" time with Jeremy
  • Attitude- sometimes I have this slight, little issue with trying to control everything in my life and getting a little upset when things don't go according to my plans.  It's really not good for anyone involved.
    • goal- letting go and letting God take control

2 comments:

Unknown said...

good goals.. I should try making some for myself...

Amy Mc said...

Thanks for sharing! I like the concept of setting reachable goals-I always call them action steps and I think Rocky gets annoyed. ha :0)