Friday, January 29, 2010

Snow Days

I realized on Wednesday night at about 9pm that if I didn't leave OKC immediately- I might not make it to a) my dad's 60th birthday celebration and b) the rodeo.  I called Am and said- will you be up at 1am because I'm on my way!  Luckily, Amy was a go for my plan and she stayed up until me, Ivy and Winnie got there.

Things were pretty much shut down in OKC starting after lunch on Thursday.  My office was closed both Thursday and Friday.  While most people spent their snow days building snow men and having a snowball fight- I hung out with these two.

Brinley loved Ivy and Winnie.  The first time she saw them (early, early on Thursday morning), she just started cracking up.  It was so funny.  And they LOVED her!  She probably got one too many licks in the face.

You can read Amy's version of events here.

I had so much fun and I'm so glad that they let me hang out with them and put up with my crazy dogs!

On Friday, we thought it would be a great idea to make a b-day cake for my dad.  We tried several bakeries and they really didn't have what we wanted.  Plus, together- we can do anything . . .



Billy and Rita also came into town a little early to beat the bad weather in TN and AR.  They hung out with Brinley while Amy and I got busy in the kitchen.








It's starting to look like  a cake!!!






Check out the next post for party pics of the birthday boy!!!  And for the star of the party!!!!


Thanks Amy & Brinley for letting us crash at your house and enjoy our snow days!!!!

No comments: