Monday, April 4, 2011

Babymoonin'

babymoon- n. time spent by parents without their baby; (hence) a vacation or holiday taken by a pregnant woman and her partner



I'm not sure if it could count as a vacation or holiday, but Jeremy and I did take some time away to enjoy the just the 2 of us (+ Ivy and Win).  We didn't really make it too far out of our backyard- the downtown Fort Worth Sheraton.  We really enjoy this hotel and it was fun to spend the night away and focus on relaxing and being together.
 
We had spa treatments scheduled for the afternoon and it was fabulous!!!  I loved every second of it.  And we finished off our night with an 8:45pm reservation at Eddie V's.  An 8:45pm reservation!  I don't see too many more of those in our near future.  The food was so amazing- some of the best shrimp I've ever had. 
 
We tried to imagine how different our life will be as soon as we have a little baby girl to take into account.  Not matter how hard we try- I think we will still be in for a shock once she gets here!
 
We considered leaving Ivy and Win at home, but we thought they probably deserved a babymoon, too.  They LOVE staying in hotels.  They just prance right through the lobby and hop on the elevator.  While they are SO good at traveling, I don't know how many hotel stays are in their near future.  Traveling with a newborn and 2 little white dogs seems daunting to say the least.  At any rate, Ivy and Win are in for some BIG changes! 
 
 
Our babymoon was the perfect weekend and I'm so glad we have this memory of just the 4 of us!

No comments: