Friday, April 22, 2011

FOUR Years

Amidst this craziness of becoming first time parents, Jeremy and I celebrated our anniversary!  FOUR years.  Time has flown and it's so surreal that we have an extra person celebrating with us this year.

I didn't expect much for this anniversary- things have been so crazy.  And we are hoping to limit Em's exposure to germs, so we are trying not to take her out until she's 2 months old.  Plus, it's a successful day around here when I get a shower, but Jeremy made it so special.


First of all, he made beignets for breakfast.  We took a trip over the summer to NOLA and had the delicious beignets from Cafe du Monde.  He duplicated those at home and they were amazing!  I was beyond impressed.


I had been asking him for a while to try and take off of work on our anniversary.  He doubted that he would be able to do that, but he handed me a card first thing that said- I'm spending the day with you and Em.  I was so glad!

For most of the morning, we spent time together- pretty sure that time was spent napping.  And then, we had to take Emme to her 2 week doctor's appointment.  All was good there and J took me to get a much needed manicure (see to do list from Em's birth day).

Then, he served up a delicious dinner (with the help of Central Market).  It was so nice having help with Emme all day and spending time with the two people I love most.

I recently read an article about how a lot of marriages fall apart after the birth of a child.  While  it's definitely a challenging time, I know that I love Jeremy more than ever.  Seeing him as a dad, makes my heart melt.  He loves Emmeline so much and that is priceless.  I'm so fortunate to have such a wonderful partner in this adventure.

Happy anniversary, Jeremy!

No comments: