Saturday, June 25, 2011

Our Father's Day!

We were a little busy (and out of town) on Father's Day.  So EC and I surprised Jeremy and made Friday, Our Father's Day.  And I have a confession to make- I have really dropped the ball for occasions and gifts for Jeremy lately.  Not just a little bit, I mean really!  I didn't even get him a card for our anniversary (I'm working on a make-up day).  And Father's Day came and went with just a pat on the back and a good job from me.  Not at all the message that I intended to send for J's first celebration as a father.

He has handled all of the past few months' craziness like a champ.  He changes diapers, rocks Emme Clare, gets me more water, picks up dinner at least 5 out of 7 nights (the other 2 we eat leftovers), puts up with my roller coaster of emotions (especially where Ivy is concerned) and most of all, he loves us!

I surprised Jeremy by putting up this sign when he got home from work on Friday.


Even better, I surprised him with this chocolate cake.  You can find the recipe for the cake and frosting at Our Best Bites.  It's a really cute blog with lots of yummy recipes!  And we went out to dinner at Chuy's- his choice.








He loved the cake and loved his gift from me and EC!




Since moving to Texas (for the 2nd time), we have a joke about how every company is called Lonestar Something.  Lonestar Moving Company, Lonestar Plumbing, Lonestar Electric, etc.  We point them out all the time.  If they don't actually have the name Lonestar as part of their company's name, usually the shape of Texas or a longhorn is included in the logo. 

I thought it was only fitting to get him a Lonestar Dad t-shirt for Father's Day.  And of course, EC had to have a Lonestar Baby onesie!



A friend from high school (and college) has an Etsy shop and sells really cute t-shirts.  I contacted her about making one of her shirts slightly custom for us.  And she did it no problem!  They were perfect!  Check out her store if you're in need of some cute tees- Piddle Designs!




Happy Father's Day to a wonderful daddy and husband!

1 comment:

Katie said...

In SC, it's Palmetto everything. And instead of the shape of the state, they use the palm tree. On. Everything. Sigh.