Sunday, October 2, 2011

An Angel Baby

EC and I took another flight and trip to TN.  We were really bummed that Jeremy couldn't make it, especially since the primary reason for the trip was a family photo with his extended family.  Even though, we missed him, EC and I had a great time.


Not pictured: Jeremy Tyler Walker

She did SO good on the flight to Nashville.  She fell asleep for about 30-45 minutes of the flight and when she was awake, she was totally hamming it up with the other passengers- smiling at them and making all kinds of faces.  They loved her.  Well, everyone loved her, except the stuffy business man sitting right next to me.  He did not say one word to me and mostly, looked super annoyed that I had a baby with me (even though she was a total doll).



Gram, Pop Pop, and Aunt Ali picked us up from the airport and we headed to their house for lots of fun and quality EC time.  We did a little shopping and were completely entertained by Emme Clare.



Saturday was the big family picture!  EC did great!  It was really cold- not at all what she's been used to and she didn't even cry.  She's doing this new thing where she smiles, but when she sees someone she likes she smiles and crinkles up her nose.  It's so cute!



I was really awful about taking photos, so I only have the ones from my phone and the photo shoot.

Before we knew it, EC and I had to head back home to see Jeremy and Win.  I was a little nervous about the flight, since EC hadn't been sleeping so great at night, but again, she impressed me.  What a relief!  As we were taking our seats on the plane, I looked to see who was in the seat beside us.  It was a young hipster guy with a wake boarding shirt, a hat and a fancy laptop and headphones.  He didn't look the most kid-friendly.  I just looked right at him and said- I'm really sorry.  He said- that's ok, I'm on my way to visit my niece and she's 3 months old!  He didn't mind EC one bit.  Towards the end of the flight, the flight attendant came over to me and said- "You have an angel baby."  Yep, she was a total angel.  I really said- why don't you come over around midnight tonight. ha!



Such a great trip!  Lots of wonderful memories!  And if there were girl scout type badges for moms- I think I would have earned one for taking a baby on a flight by myself!

No comments: