Monday, October 17, 2011

A Weekend of Firsts!

EC had SO many firsts this weekend!

First bites!


Since she's a little past 6 months old, we thought she was more than ready for her first "real food."  First up was some delicious avocado.  EC LOVED it!  She made a few yucky faces, but for the most part, she kept coming back for more.  She probably ate about 2 tablespoons.  Plenty of it ended up on her face and bib.  I so hope she's a good eater.  So far all signs point to yes!




First horse ride!

EC's daddy and Doc went for a horseback ride and they couldn't resist showing EC what all the fun was about.  She mostly looked a little bit overwhelmed.  Not really scared, but also, not having the time of her laugh.  She has plenty of time to develop her love of horses (and plenty of people to foster that love- I'm looking at you Aunt Ali).




First night away!

Sorry no photo for this one.  It would really just be me passed out with a big smile of delight on my face.  We had our first night "away" from EC.  I'm using the term very loosely.  We stayed at the guest house and EC stayed at my parent's and my mom had the video monitor.  But it was literally the first night that I've been away from Emme and the video monitor.  It was amazing!

She has been waking up several times throughout the night lately.  She immediately goes back to sleep when we give her the pacifier, but it's exhausting waking up 2-4 times during the night.  Sometimes, it's even more like 10 times.  A continuous night of sleep was pure bliss!  We are SO grateful to MaeMae for giving us this priceless gift of sleep.

As a side note, Friday night was a little rough.  My mom had to get up several times, even change her diaper during the night.  But Saturday night, she slept straight through until 6am.  Didn't make a peep!  What?!?!  I can't remember the last time she did that for us.

No comments: