Thursday, June 26, 2008

A gourmet who thinks of calories is like a tart who looks at her watch.

My cousins, Deborah and Delancy, are coming for a visit. I asked them what they would like to eat while they are here. They said- Chinese food and chocolate cake. So they're driving out here today with my Aunt Lisa and since I don't want them to be disappointed on their first day at Cousin Erin's, I have the chocolate cake waiting on them!

I made a Butterfinger Cake, which was first introduced to me by Jeremy's mom. It's completely ridiculously fattening . . . but so yummy! I think they will really like it. I personally prefer it with Symphony bars, but Jeremy told me he liked the Butterfinger better, so I did half and half!

Butterfinger Cake

1 chocolate cake mix
1 can Eagle brand milk
1 jar caramel ice cream topping
1 (8 oz.) tub Cool Whip
2-3 Butterfingers (or other favorite candy bar)

Bake cake as directed on box. Punch holes over entire cake top when it comes out of the over. Pour can of Eagle Brand milk over top of cake while it is hot. Pour jar of caramel over top of the cake next. Let cake cool and absorb these. Refrigerate. When cake is cooled, smooth Cool Whip over top of cake. Top with crushed candy bars.

here is the cake after I've poured on the Eagle Brand and caramel topping

the finished cake!

No comments: