Sunday, October 12, 2008

Family Fun in A-town

Jeremy, Ivy, and I headed to Abilene to hang out with my family and meet Sarah's family. Our first stop was HSU! Sarah was nominated for Homecoming Queen at HSU, so we went by to see her ceremony. Only 5 girls were chosen as finalist, so it was an honor to make it as far as she did!

She didn't win, but she was definitely the best dressed! I might be a little biased, because my mom made her white dress. Doesn't it look awesome?!?!

Ethan & Sarah

Sarah, Ethan, mom and me (I know- I look like total crap.
It was 11:30pm and I had been in the car for 5 hours!).

We all slept in a little bit on Saturday morning and then, we headed to Copper Creek to have lunch with Sarah and her family. It was a delicious lunch with great conversation. My mom and I met Melissa at a few local Abilene stores to do a little shopping. It was nice to catch up with Melissa!


After lunch and shopping, it was time for the bike riding! My parents recently purchased bikes to prepare for the Red Dirt Challenge (in May)- I'll have more on that later. They showed Jeremy and I the ropes and we took turns riding the bikes. It was pretty fun! I'm sold on getting a bike- I'm not sure that Jeremy is on board . . .




Jeremy, Ivy, and I had a wonderful weekend with MaeMae and Doc. It was so nice to eat some home-cooked meals and get caught up on laundry! My mom isn't the hugest dog fan, but I can tell Ivy is growing on her. She took Ivy out every morning, so that Jeremy and I could sleep late. I think Ivy likes her, too!

Ivy is also crazy about Ethan. He lives at the guest house, right by my parents. Every time Ivy heard the rumble of Ethan's truck- coming or going- she ran to the door and started whining. She didn't want him to go anywhere without her!


No comments: