Sunday, July 26, 2009

Pork Tenderloin: Take 2

Remember how I said leftover pork tenderloin has lots of uses??? Well, here you go!

The first night, we ate a little over half of one of the tenderloins, which left quite a bit.

The next night, I made a stir fry (sorry, no pics). You can use your favorite stir fry recipe and add the pork that's been cubed. Mine was a combination of mushrooms, onion, rice, soy sauce, and the pork. It was delicious! A great way to use any of your leftover veggies. Broccoli, bell pepper, carrots would all be a great addition!

I still had a little less than half a tenderloin left. And I thought about Jeremy's family. At every big holiday (mostly Thanksgiving and Christmas), they have tenderloin and biscuit or ham and biscuit. I had never heard of this until I met Jeremy! It must be a Tennessee thing!

After trying the tenderloin and biscuit, I'm a big fan! As most of you know, I don't exactly care for ham, but I'm sure those are delicious as well!

This next dish is a tribute to Jeremy's family's tenderloin and biscuit. Although, it doesn't even come close to Granny B's. She breads and fries the tenderloin, so you can imagine how tasty that is!!!

I just sliced off a couple pieces of the tenderloin, salt and peppered both sides, and heated them up in the skillet until they were a little brown.

I cheated big time and bought the Grands frozen biscuits. I baked up two of those, added a little grape jelly.

And I had a quick version of tenderloin and biscuit! Not the same, but it will do!










No comments: