Friday, July 24, 2009

Smoothie Queen

I love smoothies! And I love my Magic Bullet! It's a great quick breakfast. I don't have an exact recipe, but I'll give the basics. You can change it based on what you like.

The Magic Bullet is optional as well, but it makes a great smoothie. Minimal dishes- you can blend and drink out of the same glass! And you can do lots of other things with it (salsa, margaritas, omelets, etc.).

There is about an hour long infomercial on all the great ways to use the Magic Bullet, so I'll let you tune into that if you're really interested. I've really only ever used it for smoothies!

However, I will say that Magic Bullets are available at Target! On to the smoothie!





I buy packages of frozen fruit- raspberries, blueberries, dark sweet cherries, strawberries, berry blend, and mango. These are great for smoothies! Occasionally, I'll use a little fresh fruit if I have some that might go bad.

Into my Magic Bullet glass, I put about 1/4 cup of plain, low fat or no fat yogurt. 1/4 to 1/2 cup of fruit (any combination will work). Then, I add a splash of milk and a splash of juice, 2 splenda packets and blend away!

It's delicious and the possibilities are limitless! I also like to use sugar-free vanilla syrup sometimes. This is really good with strawberries only- it's like vanilla creme strawberry. Yum!

The Diet V8 Splash juices work really well for more flavor. Just use all your favorites. Enjoy!








No comments: