Sunday, March 27, 2011

Cookies Galore

I was a little perplexed about what to give my friends as hostess gifts. They are all really crafty and cute, so I knew it needed to be something special. I thought it would be best to just go with something I know- cookies.

I made them little gift bags with three kinds of cookies, a cute spring dish towel and some stationary with their initial. Nothing too fancy, but hopefully, they know how much we appreciated all their hard work. I thought I would share the cookie recipes.




First up, I made my traditional chocolate chip cookie recipe. You can find more on those here.

Next, I decided to make Granny B’s Famous Sugar Cookies. These are Jeremy’s absolute favorites. I previously posted the recipe for PaPa’s sugar cookies, but these are a little bit different. They are very soft and a little bit chewy. Don’t let them get brown at all (not even the edges).

Granny B’s Sugar Cookies
½ cup butter or margarine
½ cup shortening (like Crisco)
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 ¼ cups all purpose flour
½ teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
Additional sugar

In mixing bowl, cream butter, shortening and sugar. Add egg and vanilla. Mix well. Combine flour, baking powder and baking soda. Gradually, add to the creamed butter mixture. Shape into balls. Roll in the extra sugar. Use a glass to slightly flatten the balls. Place on a lightly greased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes.



If you like soft sugar cookies that are not too sweet- you’ll love these!

Last, I made chocolate cookies with peanut butter chips. They were good- just not my favorite. I think I’m just more of a traditionalist when it comes to cookies. Chocolate chip will always be #1 for me, followed closely by sugar.

You can find the recipe I used here.  You really can't go wrong with any of these easy recipes- all delicious!  


Happy cookie baking!

No comments: